My neighbors noticed a swarm of bees on the chain link fence and gave me a call. I was getting prepared to capture the swarm and they began to fly up and away. I noticed the entire garden was filled with bees. Then I saw that they were clustering on the front of hive #3. They covered the front and all entrances. I later discovered that they came from hive # 2. I guess this means that the swarm preventing measure didn’t work. Two weeks ago I added blank bars between bars 5 through 12. I’m fine with them swarming as long as the colony raises a new queen. Now I’ll have to check on them regularly to make sure there are eggs in the next 4 weeks.

20130318-230902.jpg